Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cookie Cups ...

I have received some nice emails in response to Table For Three ... thanks! Some have sent recipes ... I'll post my review once I put them to the test in the kitchen!


I have a quick, simple, delicious little dessert! Actually made them this evening ... This one is compliments of Renee ... Last Tuesday she picked up LeAnna at school for me while I was at the hospital with Mom all day ... we had dinner plans that night with friends in Hendersonville and I was pressed for time and was asked to bring a dessert ... AAHHHH ... when I picked up LeAnna I asked Renee if she had any quick ideas ... this was her suggestion ... THANKS Renee - it was a big hit!!!!!


Not sure what to call them ... hmmm ... let's just say ...


Cookie Cups



Ingredients:


Cookie Dough (I used chocolate chip pre-made cookie dough)
Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (bite size)


(yep - that's it!)


Directions:


1. Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees


2. Grease a mini muffin pan (I use spray Pam)




3. If you are using a store bought "roll" of cookie dough - cut into normal cookie slices ... take one slice (normal cookie size) and cut into 1/4's ... put one of the 1/4's into each mini muffin cup.



4. Bake 5-6 minutes - just until golden (not crunchy done) - (I never bake cookies all the way done - they stay softer, longer)


5. Unwrap peanut butter cups.




6. Remove cookie cups from oven and immediately push a peanut butter cup down into each cookie cup.



7. Let sit for a couple of minutes - remove cups from pan (I use a knife) and place on a plate to completely cool.




comments: Nate's words were "divine". They are very good and SO quick and simple ... you can literally make these when surprise guests are walking in the door! You can also variate with different bite sized candies. I have used chocolate chip cookie dough with Hershey kisses and peanut butter cups ... our favorite is peanut butter cups! I think I'm going to try sugar cookie dough and snickers bars next time! yum!



YUM Factor Rating: 4

No comments: