Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Blender Chocolate Pie

Okay ... the name itself caught my attention. I have to agree with Nathan, there is not much difference in mixing it in a blender or in a bowl with a mixer ... but the novelty of using the blender to make a pie sparked my attention. This is a simple chocolate pie recipe that renders very good results!!! AND I got to do something different and use my blender to make a pie! I'm weird.


Blender Chocolate Pie


ingredients:

2 1/2 cups sugar
4-5 Tbsp cocoa
4 eggs
1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter, melted
1 (9-inch) deep-dish unbaked pie crust


directions:

Step 1 - preheat oven to 350 degrees

Step 2 - add sugar to the blender


Step 3 - add cocoa

Step 4 - add eggs


Step 5 - add evaporated milk and vanilla

Step 6 - add melted butter



Step 7 - blend well!

Step 8 - pour into unbaked pie crust



Step 9 - bake for about an hour or until center of pie is set. Mine had to cook about and hour and 10 minutes.




I cut the first piece while it was still warm (had to get this perspective - ha) so it did not have enough time to "set".


comments: oh my ... chocolate pie is one of my favorite desserts of all time ... so all the more reason to try this one! It is SO very good ... YUMMY SIN on a plate!!!!

rating - 4.5

No comments: